Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can I get a free make up job at the mall for my wedding?

I'm getting married in 3 weeks (week before christmas) and we don't have a whole lot of money right now, but we saved up for months and we'll have a photographer (yea!). I don't know how to do my make up and I don't really have very much.





Is this something I should do? Can I get a free make up job at the mall for my wedding?
They can do it at the mall, but you will have to buy something. I usually buy some lip gloss or lip stick or something like that. You can reapply that when you need it. Your next bet is to go to a girlfriend and ask her if she will do it for you. I have plenty that know how so I know you at least have one. Just ask them. I hope your day works out fine and congrats on the photographer.


P.S. if this is the most you have to worry about you are truly blessed. You will find some to help with make-up so don't worry girly!Can I get a free make up job at the mall for my wedding?
Edit: In a previous question you write, ';My husband is 26, I'm 21 and we've been married for one year.'; So how can you be getting married in 3 weeks?





Re. free makeup job at the mall: Not a good idea.


1. You have no idea of the person's expertise when she applies the makeup.


2. Without a makeup trial, you have no idea how suitable the application would be for such an important day.


3. This would be of questionable ethics, given you have no intention of buying any makeup. It's a bit different from grabbing a free sample at the supermarket.


4. On your wedding day, on top of everything else you have to do, you would need to run over to the mall, park in holiday traffic, wait for a makeup application, come back, and take a shower without smearing any of the makeup.





If you don't know how to apply it, perhaps there's a friend or family member who could do this for you?
At Macy's, you can go to any of the makeup counters and make an appointment to have your makeup done. I used to work there. You aren't required to buy anything, but it is helpful to buy the same shade of lipstick they use on you to touch up later on.
Most of them will do makeovers with no problem. You need to ask them whether they charge or not. Some places won't charge anything and others require that you buy $50 in products.





If you don't normally wear makeup and thus comfortable with applying your own, then it is a good idea.
Many brides actually do their own hair %26amp; makeup for their weddings. You know what you like. Just practice a few times to figure out what you want, and do it yourself. Not a major problem.
I think most makeup counters in a department store will do your makeup but you have to buy a certain amount of makeup. I know with Mac its 50 dollars worth.
Go to a beauty school to get it done. They'll be supervised by an instructor, so if they mess up someone can fix it.
try Sephora
Gross. No. Don't let some manniquin at the mall paint plastic all over your face. Talk to the photographer about what kinds of cream or powder will look best at the time and in the photos, and don't even think about last-minute changes for your cheeks and lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin