Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doing my own wedding day make up?

i very seldom wear make up. i do not like the feel of make up. so i want to do my own so that it doesnt get caked on. but i have no clue. what is your opinion on this??Doing my own wedding day make up?
If you are apprehensive about doing it yourself, have a friend that is good with make-up do it for you. Your friends know what you look like everyday %26amp; you won't have to worry about them going overboard with it. When I have had my make-up professionally done (3-4 times) I didn't even look like myself. I told them that I hardly ever wear make-up and to please not do anything dramatic, but I don't think they truly listened to what I told them. That's why I am having one of my bridesmaids who is good at doing make-up %26amp; hair do mine for my wedding. Plus, I'm sure most grooms would prefer to see you look like yourself, just a little enhanced, rather than looking like a made-up doll.





Just ask a friend you trust, go together to buy make-up for the wedding, and then do a trial run with it. You can tell her what you like/don't like %26amp; then be sure to take a picture of the finshed product so you'll have something to refer to on the wedding day. Good luck, I'm sure you'll look beautiful!Doing my own wedding day make up?
I did my own too. I wanted to look like 'myself', so just used a little more blush and eyeshadow than I would normally.
my opinion is that you not do your makeup FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER on your wedding day. this is your special day!





Why not hire someone and specially ask for very light makeup? do a trial run to make sure you happy.





If moneys the problem why not have a friend who wears makeup do it for you?
I'm like you: I don't wear make-up often, and I don't like the feel of it. I've had it done professionally before, and wasn't happy with the result. It was way too overdone, and I didn't look like myself. I don't know where you live, but I'm in a big city. Last weekend, I went to one of the higher end department store makeup counters, explained that I'm getting married in a few months and am not very experienced with makeup and asked for help. One of the reps took quite a bit of time with me to explain what kind and color of makeup works with my skin and coloring, and then actually applied makeup on me, showing me how to do it. I got pretty much the look I want. I bought a couple of things at the counter in consideration of the time and expertise I got there, and then bought the rest of what I needed at a drug store. I've practiced a few times so that I can do it right, and remember what I was taught. I figure if I'm not happy with what I can do after a few more practice sessions, that I could always hire someone to do the makeup professionally. The person who applied the makeup at the store does make-up application on the side, so I got his contact information just in case. Maybe you could do the same thing.
i did my own and it looked great. you'll want to practice before hand. i recommend foundation, concealer if you need it, eyeliner and shadow (nothing crazy, i wore a shimmery gold), blush, lipstick, and mascara (with or without fake lashes--i love fake ones for pix though ive never worn them myself.) you'll want to wear more than you normally would because pix can wash you out. but there's no need to go overboard. experiment w/ what looks best. have someone take pix of your practice faces to help you.
Use natural colors. Fashions change, but neutral/natural colors for your big day are definitely a must. Maybe go to Sephora, or Ulta 3 and get a consultation. If you know someone that does make up, talk to them and see what they suggest. They say make up on your wedding day should be ';timeless.';
I did my own wedding make-up and it looked great. The key for your wedding day is to keep your make-up neutral.


Remember u will be having your photo taken which can sometimes make u look pale and washed out, so pay special attention to your eyes to make sure they are defined with a mascara and a subtle eyeliner. I went on the estee lauder website which contains a guide to wedding make-up. It gives you a few options depending on the look you want to achieve. I went for the princess bride and it looked great with the colours of my flowers. It told me what colours to buy from estee lauder and also, most importantly, how to apply it to achieve the look. Make sure you decide on the look you want in advance to the wedding day and give yourself a few practise runs.


It may also be a good idea to book yourself in for a makeover at Boots because the assistants usually want someone to show off the products. They will also be able to advise you best on which are the best products for your skin type and colouring.


They will also be able to help you with finding a foundation which doesnt feel too heavy on your skin.


Good luck!
I would seriously advise you to get a professional to do it. especially if you are not used to apply it yourself. They will give you a trial before the day in which you can tell them of your fears and they will supply light make up so it doesnt feel heavy. They are experienced and know how to do it so that it will look natural and not 'caked on.' However, remember that for the wedding photos your make up should be slightly darker so that you don't look washed out. I recently went to a wedding a few weeks ago where the bride did her own make up - it looked fine but underdone and a bit plain at the wedding. In the actual photos tho they had to do heaps of retouching and pay extra money because she looked too pale and well, just like somebody going out not like a bride.
i'm with you, i feel like i can't breathe with makeup on my face.


sometime in the near future go to merle normans or smash makeup shops and ask them for a free makeup lesson. watch carefully what they do and what they use. then experiment at home before your wedding day! really its quite easy, if you are going to use foundation use one that is sheer and apply sparingly. a little blush goes a long way as does eye colour and lipstick.


whether you purchase their product or go to the drug store and purchase a less expensive product is up to you. the girls at the shops are very knowledgeable about the product line and are always happy to help out a bride-to-be!


personally i would suggest your comfort is far more important than makeup and if you don't normally wear it then just do a little eyeshadow and lip gloss for your wedding day! you'll look lovely. after all he knows how pretty you are without all that goop on your face so why use it on the most important day of your life?


good luck and happy wedding sweetie!
I asked a good friend of mine to do mine and my girls. She isnt a professional but she is in Sephora all the time and buys the best mineral and natual makeup there is. She makes it look natural and pretty. If you have any friends that like to do make up and do it well, I suggest that. Or, you could go have your make up done a while before your wedding. Tell them what you like and are aiming for and then buy similar products and try to emilate what the professional did for you. Do it a few times on yourself before your actual wedding date tho.
I believe it's either Maybelline or Cover Girl, but go for a Mousse foundation and apply it with a sponge. Use it sparingly and glide it over a freshly washed face. The sponge will help you get a thinner, flawless finish. (Note: make sure your foundation matches your normal skin tone. You want to look natural not made up!)





Use a light colored blush and apply sparingly to your cheek bones. Blend well!





For your eye makeup I suggest using an eye primer first (this will help you eye make up stick longer without creasing.) Have your eye brows tweezed/arched by a pro if possible.





If you have blue eyes, use soft browns and taupes or pink shadows.


If you have brown eyes, try blues or jewel toned greens.


If you have green eyes, use soft browns and taupes.





Apply two thin coats of waterproof mascara.





Find a lip liner that is close to your natural lip tone. Line and fill in your lips. You can then top with a clear gloss for shine.





However, the most important thing to do is practice, practice, practice. Do NOT wait till the day of your wedding to attempt this for the first time.





Good luck sweetie, you'll do fine and look gorgeous!
i would say thats not a good idea...there is so much going on no matter how planed you are or how ready you are somthing will go wrong and the more thinkless your getting ready is the better..id say go to the mall and go to one of the make up counters like Clinique, bliss or Origins and tell them you are not a big makeup fan and im sure they can work somthing out that will make you stunning on your big day but not feel yucky...
If you do not know how to apply makeup properly, DON'T DO IT. Find someone that knows how to do it. For example, if you put too much powder on one area and not enough on the other, it will show, especially in the photos.
If you aren't comfortable with cosmetics and don't use them much, but want a flawless look on the big day I'd recommend a professional. Or a friend you trust. Make some calls to local salons or makeup artists (try craigslist too). And make appointments for a trial run BEFORE the wedding. You may have to go to a few appointments, but this way you'll know what you're getting. And though your instinct will be to go for a very light look, realize that you want to look perfect in the photos and a makeup artist will tell you that you might need a little more color to really show well in the pictures. Look around and you'll find the right person to help.





Congratulations.
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin