Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dry skin and make-up problem- please help before my wedding?

Recently I've developed dry skin on my cheeks. I use an exfoliating wash to try and remove the old dry skin and a good moisturiser but when I put on any kind of foundation or powder it 'settles' in the dry areas and highlights the problem.





I'm getting married later this year and really want to have great skin and make-up for the day. What products will help stop my skin looking dry so I can be 'glowing' on my big day?





Thanks.Dry skin and make-up problem- please help before my wedding?
double up the water intake


avoid spending alot of time out in the weather (particularly the wind)


cut down on the exfoliating to twice weekly


use a moisturizing/rehydrating mask twice weekly





let your face breath 3 days a week AT LEAST with no make up on at all.





you'll be so happy i'm sure you'll be glowing your wedding day anyway! xxDry skin and make-up problem- please help before my wedding?
Ok here it is...cetaphil skin cleanser...it balances the pH of your skin...then use the cetaphil body cream on your face...I know it sounds crazy...but I live in Vegas and it is very dry here and we know how to get our skin looking perfect here trust me. do this and you will see results in a week. No foaming or soapy stuff and dont keep washing your face too much...you need the oils to replenish and balance. Start taking 500 to 1000 units of vitamin E a day.....you will look fabulous on your wedding day!!! Good Luck!!!!
maybe you are allergic to what your're using. My skin get like that when I wear cheap/non deparment store foundation. Try washing your face with cetophil cleansing lotion or aquaphor, then moisturize with pure vitamine E or eucerine dry skin creme. My mother-n-law uses that on her face because it's really dry. also, try going bare skinned for about a week. I know you're thinking yea right, but it might be just what your skin needs to go back to normal. After things settle down, use almay cosmetics or clinique. Both are excellent for sensitive skin. hope this helps and congrats on getting married!
I used to have the same problem (I have very dry skin). There are a couple of things you can do.





First, start drinking more water. Seriously, it makes a difference. Taking Vitamin E capsules daily will also help moisturize you from the inside out.





Second, make sure you are using a gentle cleanser, and nothing too harsh. If it was made for teenagers it's wrong for you! Never use soap on your skin. It's way too harsh. Use a cleanser made specifically for dry or aging skin (because it will be gentle and have moisturizers built in). Mary Kay or Dove both make good cleansers for dry skin. Mary Kay made THE difference for my skin, and now it's smooth and never peels.





Third, don't exfoliate too intensely or scrub your skin too hard. I know it's tempting but you don't want to shock your skin and exasperate the problem.





Lastly, in the morning use a light moisturizer all over and a heavy moisurizer in the dry spots, and at night after cleansing use a heavy moisturizer all over your face. On the dry spots at night you might even want to go so far as to open a Vitamin E Oil capsule with a pushpin or something, and rub the oil into your skin. It's very very good for your skin and won't make you break out or anything.





Feel free to email me if you want even more advice. Hope this helps! Good luck and congrats!
keep using the moisturizers and try using compressed powder
I have the exact same problem and i've just finishing training as a make-up artist, my teacher told me to wear tinted moisturiser and avoid powder based products. I went to the doctors and now slap excma cream on my face directly after a shower or bath and then 3 times a day and that seems to have made my skin less dry also i know its a pain but drinking loads of water realy does help!!
cut down exfoliating


use a heavy cream specially formulated for night use and rejuvination.


water! water! water!


If you smoke try quitting or at least cut down on it.


reduce alchohol intake


5 a day veg and fruit.


moisturise from inside out
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin