Thursday, June 24, 2010

Help with skin tones for wedding day make up?

I can't for the life of me figure out my skin tone colour; all the classic guidelines tell me I'm both warm and cool. I am a fair skinned, dark brunette with blue eyes. The colours that make me look alive and vibrant are cool: blues, purples, greens, teals, burgundies, etc. However, yellow gold jewelry glows against my skin while silver and white gold just lie there. The veins on the underside of my wrists look more blue than green, but aren't a true blue, either. I'm not sure about my iris 'pattern'; I would describe it as a sunburst, I guess. If I hold a white towel against my face, my overall 'tone' looks kind of golden pink, if that makes any sense at all. I just don't know how to call this: warm or cool?





I am getting married in 3 weeks and would really like to understand this for my makeup colours. By the way, I am an older bride (46) and will be wearing a medium, steel blue dress. Any advice or suggestios would be most welcome! Thank you.Help with skin tones for wedding day make up?
Alright well first of all do you think you look better in pure white? if so then go for cool shades of foundation. If you look better in cream or off white then choose a warmer tone. To find out more about what your skin tone is take a coral lipstick and a pink lipstick hold it up to your face if your skin resembles the pink more, you have a pink undertone. If it resembles the coral more then you have a yellow undertone.





When applying your foundation i recommend you use your fingers to apply it rather then a sponge if you are looking for a more natural look. The warmth of your fingers will spread the foundation quickly and more evenly with control.





Now as you said the classic guidelines tell you you are both good in warm or cool tones. So in that case i consider you lucky to have such a nice skin tone. So in that case you can decide whether you want a more warm look or a more cool look but either way it should look gorgeous.





If you haven't chosen your shadow colours yet i recommend you find a shadow that compliments both your eyes and dress. If your not getting a professional to apply your makeup for you then i suggest you look on youtube for a couple make up tips on applying.





So congratulations for the wedding and i hope this helped either way I'm sure you'll look great =)Help with skin tones for wedding day make up?
Congratulations! You sound lovely, and it sounds like your skin tone is in-between. Since your dress is a very cool color, I would suggest sticking with warm tones for your makeup. This will help you keep a more youthful appearance and avoid looking washed out. You're probably going to be taking lots of pictures and with the flash, that's another harsh element. Let your eyecolor and dress color play off each other, and try a subtle pinkish-brown for the lips and neutrals around the eyes %26amp; cheeks.
umm you can go to a make-up counter like in macy's and ask them to make a custom shade for you
I would have to see your complection. I sell Mary-Kay and would be more than happy to help. You can post or email a picture of you and your dress and I can figure out what colors would look best on you and email them back to you so that you can look great on you big day. We have lots of blues that we could put together with some other colors making it a trio and I think it would look really nice. Hope I can help.
  • phone skins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin