Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wedding Day Make- Up?

Where are you getting yours done? I'm not very good or creative at doing my own and neither is my family! I definitely need to go somewhere. Any suggestions? We have a Bon Ton in our local mall, but other than that, I don't know where to go.





Thanks in advance for any ideas!Wedding Day Make- Up?
Try a Salon. I've seen makeup application starting at $55 and working it's way up.





In the long run, getting your makeup done at a salon might be a better option. When you go to those department store counters, the salespeople are ultimately trying to sell you something. They might want you to buy the lipstick they put on you or the eyeliner for touch ups later.





In actuality, they might be selling you their item of the week and not what looks best on you. In high school, I had my makeup done at one of those counters for prom. The women put orange eyeshadow on me and tried selling it to me. I asked her to take it off. Later that night, my friend told me the same thing happened to her, with the same women, at the same makeup counter. They were just trying to make a sale.





At a salon, you are getting a makeup artist. NOT someone who's hired to sell makeup in the mall and give free makeovers. You're getting some who's job is to make you look good, because you're paying them.Wedding Day Make- Up?
where ever you go make sure you try it out before hand!


i've heard some horror stories of people ending up with clown faces because they didn't try out the look first


someone you know is always best so you don't have to head to the mall on your big day


a lot of hair salons have make up artists on staff so check where you're getting your hair done


as far as going to the mall - i hear the best place is mac is the best


but again go there and have them do a test - find out exactly what you like - take practice pics at home see how it comes out on film - everyone looks different in pics and make up will defign your features in pictures - without it you get all washed out and who wants that? i never wear make up but i will on my wedding day!


make sure they do it exactly the way you liked it in the practice runs
Well, I'm not having any makeup on when I get married. So, I'd suggest that. Because yes, you're supposed to look beautiful, but unless you have some bad acne or other skin condition, I'd go just as you are.


Natural beauty is the best!
I love Benefit brand makeup! I got my wedding day makeup done there. If you have a local Belk or Dillards any of the makeup counters there will give you a great makeover, but IMO Benefit is the best! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin