Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is anyone doing their own make up for the wedding?

I am going to do my own, because make up artist, just can't get it...I am looking for a foundation that has full coverage, and flawless.


Are you doing your own? Or do you know someone who did...did tthe pics turn out okay/Is anyone doing their own make up for the wedding?
my friend did her own make up and it looked a 100 times better then what the trial make up did. they really have no idea. everybody tastes are different and often people aren't happy with the coloring the make up artist has chosen. and it really is a lot of money. i think you will be happier doing it yourself as you know what you want. all the best for wedding day i'm sure you will look stunning!Is anyone doing their own make up for the wedding?
I did my own makeup, although my hands were shaking and I had to get a bridesmaid/cousin to help me. Just make sure someone who will be helping you get ready knows how to put makeup on you.





My advice for finding the right foundation, go to the mall (to the makeup counters) and have the women there do your makeup. They will let you try different foundations, etc. I did this on several different occasions and then chose my favorite makeup from the different counters. Also, you can watch how they do your makeup and pickup application tips if you like it. Bring the person who is willing to help you on the big day.
I was going to do my own, but lave lately been thinking of going for a trial and if I like it I will get it done on the day.


You should get a foundation that suits your skins need, not just go for full coverage because you want all the imperfection hidden on you wedding day.


However I would recommend stila. Mac is good too.


I would also reccomend that you use a skin primer first like modelco primer, which is clear and makes your face completely smooth and keeps the foundation on longer.
Hello there.. my maid of honour is doing my make up and my hair cos we are getting married in greece and i wont be able to have a trial with a make up girl, at least we can practice here.. i dont know if it is available in America but the best coverage make up is PAN STICK by max factor, number 13(neveu beige) or number 14 if you are darker skinned. Another very good coverage make up is BENEFIT i think they are called PLAYSTICKS. Benefit can do a test on you and you can buy it then. If neither of these are sold in the states you can buy them online I am sure, the Pan stick is about 鈧?0 euro and the benefit is about 鈧?0 euro (in ireland so maybe cheaper online) . You could use a pressed powder over these to take the shine away it works wonders. Ive loads of freckles and panstick covers them up completely without looking like i have piled the make up on.





Let me know what you think





Thanks and good luck!!





EDIT TO ADD: Heres links to Yahoo Shopping where, for the Pan Stick and Play Stick! Hope this helps





http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aj鈥?/a>





http://shopping.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Am鈥?/a>
I probably am - or will have my sister help me - because we've had to scale back the budget and that was a ';luxury'; item that we could do without.





I wouldn't dare go without makeup - I did that for the engagement photos and I wasn't happy with the flaws you can see in the pics. Its not horrible, but I know with makeup I would have looked better and been happier with it myself.





I like Trish McEvoy - - available at some Bloomingdales stores for sure, not sure where else its available.





If I can squeak the money out of the budget for someone to do my makeup I will.
I did! A month before the big day I went to the Estee' Lauder counter at the local Macy's, and asked them to teach me how to do formal makeup, and they had me explain what colors I generally wear (For me, it's peaches and golds), and they taught me how to do my makeup. Then, as a treat to myself I bought the makeup they used on me, and I practiced for the weeks before the wedding, and the photos turned out great. I looked like me, except a more glamourous version!
I did my own because we had a destination wedding. It came out great. Unless you're totally not used to wearing any makeup or are a klutz, you can do yor own.





A great foundation for coverage and feeling nice is Lancome. It's about $45. but well worth the price, IMO.
I did my own, because I really wanted to just look like ME, just maybe a bit more enhanced, hopefully!


If you don't have a foundation that you use now which you love, go to a cosmetics counter with a good salesperson who can show you the best for your skin type.
My best friend got married a few weekends ago. She and one of her other bridesmaids did her make-up and it looked gorgeous. And I agree, a lot of times professionals put more make up than most girls would wear, and they just end up uncomfortable looking.
sometimes we know better what suits us, how suits us..


It hardly matters from where do you do your make up.. all that matters is HOW DO YOU LOOK that day..


good luck!
  • phone skins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin