Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I never sent Thank You notes from my wedding 4 years ago. How can I make up for this?

I don't know if I should do anything now or not. I'm in a different place in my life now, and I would like those people to know that I appreciate their generousity.I never sent Thank You notes from my wedding 4 years ago. How can I make up for this?
Send a letter, being very specific about your growth, and that you appreciated that they were a part of the process. They obviously care about you in some way. Just own up to the fact that you screwed up, and thank them now.





Better late than never.I never sent Thank You notes from my wedding 4 years ago. How can I make up for this?
I think it's a little too late for thank you cards, it would sound silly. What you can do is either make a telephone call - it sounds more personal and excuse yourself with a joke or something, as long as the message goes through; or with an e-mail.
You should definitely send them now. Just be honest. It's okay to let people know that you are in a different place now than you were then--everyone should be so blessed! I would absolutely appreciate it if someone did that-it's never too late to change what you can! Good luck.
Emily Post would tell you that after one year, you probably should not send a note of thanks (one year is the supposed time limit for thanking folks for a gift). I would say kill two birds with one stone. Include an asterisk or a generic thank you for all of your support/encouragement/kindess in your annual Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/New Year holiday greeting cards and call it a day~
Send the thank you notes now. Better late than never!
I am sure everyone has forgotten about it by now. However, if you are feeling guilty about it.... Compile a list of those you need to send a card to, inside with the card write a small simple apology. Then at least people will see that you care. Just write something like with all lifes changes at the time it totally slipped your mind. However you are appreciative for their attendance/gifts whatever. Then at least you won't be feeling guilty and your friends will probably find it nice to know that you did not forget about them. (even four years later)
u can txt.. email.. but if the guilt doesnt get to u.. then sleep over it
Do it now..its nt too late. Jus apologize for not doing it at that time..
Get some cards made up that have a clock/watch on the front, and the saying, ';Better Late than Never.';





Then just write them a nice note, thanking them for their kindness, apologizing for your tardiness and, most importantly, updating them on your life now.





They'll be appreciate that you are thinking of them and will be glad to hear from you.





Have fun!
It's never to late to send a thank you note to anyone. Just plead an oversight, and let it be. People are always happy to get thank you notes!. Bill
thank each person one at a time if you still see them socially dont make any excuse just say im sorry i was negligent
It's never to late to say thank you.


And it's always appreciated.
You could always send out a thank you note to everyone and attach a short explaination to it. People would probably get a ';kick'; out of getting a thank you note now.
Wow, 4 years is a long time, but it's better to do it late than never to do it at all. When you send them out just explain that you've been really busy and trying to adjust to your new married life. Like I said, 4 years is a long time, but the people who get the thank you cards should appreciate that you sent them at all.





I hope this helps.
Make up for it in your next wedding anniversary. Sent them special cards.
I dont' think you could fix it. You should let sleeping dogs lie.
if you have a list of people, then send out cards now
it is too late for a thank you for that one event in your life but not too late for a letter of appreciation about them being part of your life.





just tell them how glad that they have been part of your life for so many years.





you might even want to invite them all to a simple party for no special reason and during that make a toast/speech honoring all your guests for being the special people that they are to you.
Follow Robsthings advice. I love the advice to send a nice thank you note with a small letter stating you have grown up and realize the err of your ways and you truly appreciate the gift.
Oops, I think it's too late now. If they are people that you usually don't keep in touch with, maybe you could just drop them a note to say hi. Don't mention anything about the wedding gifts though, it may sound tacky or it may sound like you are trying to hit them up for more presents.
I would still send the thank-you notes with a sincere and honest apology for not sending them sooner. Maybe add a bit of humor to it by throwing in something like ';if you know me, you know I'm a chronic procrastinator....'; I think most people will appreciate the thank you even as late as it is.





Do you have children now? Maybe send along a recent family picture as well.





Good luck!
Assuming you are still married, and still in contact with all your wedding guests, why not invite them round for dinner, or to see your ';new'; home? Unless you had 200 people at your wedding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin