Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am going to a wedding and I have to wear a red dress...need make up advice?

I was going to do a red lip with champagne shadow and dark eyeliner.





I am blonde and have blue eyes and fair skin --I've been told I sort of look like a cross betw Kate Hudson and Lindsy Lohan.





Make up ideas? Is a red lip bad to do with a red dress? Any ideas and links would be great.I am going to a wedding and I have to wear a red dress...need make up advice?
I think the red lips would look great with your red dress and given your looks, it would look really good. The champagne shadow for your eyes would give it a natural look, although I would not suggest the dark eyeliner, unless it`s really thin just to bring out your eyes a bit. Try to keep your eyes as natural looking as possible, and bring out your eyelashes by really curling them. That way your red lips will totally go with the dress. Good luckI am going to a wedding and I have to wear a red dress...need make up advice?
The red dress is already going to be eye-catching so I'd suggest a very light make up, unless you're going for the neon sign look, but I don't think so loll





So I'd go for light gold eye shadow and a smoky eye-liner look (not panda-like), a light pink blush (very little since the dress will sort of give a the illusion that your skin is slightly pink, well kinda depends on the light too) and a colorless gloss.
Personally, I always shudder when I see pink lipstick with red or orangy red lipstick with pink and always try to either match exactly where the colour is suitable or stick to correct tones. Have many lipsticks, orange red, blue red, bluish pinks, plain pink, orange, and various shades of brown toned.


Can you test different colours against your dres colour in a store? That way you will also see how it suits you..


Just realised you will wonder about my spelling of colour - I'm in New Zealand.
Heyy!


First of all, congrats on your wedding!


Your idea sounds good, but it all depends on the colour of your dress, red lipstick may be too much. If you do decide to go with a red lip, keep the rest of your makeup - eyeshadow, liner, etc. - very subtle. You definitely don't want to look like a clown. Otherwise, try a nude pink lipstick. Both looks will complement your dress.


Good luck!
Red lip stick and red dress? No I'll say do light pink and you should do liquid eyeliner on the top of your eye like after you put the gold eye shadow and black normal eyeliner in the bottom that will look fabulous :]


Hope this helps and have fun in the wedding :]]
Try a pink look. Or you can do a real simple look like I do to focus on my eye popping and yet having a natural look. Email me if you want to know how to do it: violationqueennichole@yahoo.com
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/skimbaco/hk.jpg








This is what I would do with any red dress. Hope it helps.
red lip with a red dress is nice :) i would say to keep the eyeliner pretty minimal, so only ur lips are in focus, otherwise it can look a bit too much :)
that would look so HOT! Try using a carbon black liquid eyeliner and Mascara;; ii think the red lip is going to look really good=]]
Red lipstick %26amp; red dress? Definate no-no! Try a rich pink lipgloss, smoky eyes and lil tiny bit of bronzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin