Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wedding Day Make-Up: DIY or get it Professionally done?

Which one would you, (or did you) do for your Wedding Day?Wedding Day Make-Up: DIY or get it Professionally done?
I am getting it professionally done for myself and as a treat for my bridesmaids. My choice is mainly because when I get nervous nothing really seems to work out. I then get frustrated. I also wanted to make sure that it looked good in the photos. In my opinion it was just one less thing to worry about. I had it done for a friends wedding and it turned out great. I did my own for my sisters wedding and didn't like how it looked in pictures. If you are comportable doing your own I say do it. If you want to pamper yourself and have less to do get a professional. either way I am sure you will look beautiful:)Wedding Day Make-Up: DIY or get it Professionally done?
I did my own for my wedding. We had a small, impromptu wedding - and I really do not like to have other people put on my make-up (unless they know me well) because I generally do not like 1) to use a brand other than my norm for even 1 day because of sensitive skin, and 2) the way other people put my make-up on because it is not even close to how I would typically wear it. I think that I would have felt 'overdone'.
I would say it depends on wether u are willing to pay more for the professional, or would u rather want to makie it a bit more special by doing it by yourself.





I would say go for the professional jsut because they know what they're doing, not that im saying that you don't.





But whatever is fine with you, is okay wiht me :]


Oh yes, congrats with your engagement :}
I had my professionally done. I went to Macy's Clinique counter and had them do it. I had gone there earlier and had a trial run done. I think it cost me $60 for the final application. I did a trial run at Mac, but they got so carried away. I also tried another lady in a salon, and she did OK, but the Clinique woman did a much better job.





My husband's daughter had her's done, her bride's maids done, her maid of honor, her MIL and mine all done, too. She had a guy from a Beverly Hills salon come in and do our makeup at the hotel. I know I paid about $125 for my portion of his time, I'm not sure what she paid for the rest. He did a wonderful job, though, so it was well worth it to me.
I did my own, that way I didn't end up with a 'fake' looking face. Just maybe used a bit ';more'; because white tends to make me look a bit washed out. That way, too, you can just use your own products to touch up after the ceremony before the photographs, then again before the reception.
I did my own, I had read an article before my wedding written by a bride about her wedding day make-up that scared me to death. She talked about how for her wedding she had her make-up professionally done and it was beautiful and everything, but when she got her pictures back she realized how diapointed she was with her choice because she didnt recognize herself in the pictures. She looked at them and said ';Who is this woman';. I didnt want to look back and wonder who the girl staring back at me in the pictures was, so I opted to do my own and I was very happy with the results because I looked like me in my pictures.





If you decide to go to a professional, please do yourself the favor of having a trial run done and take pictures of yourself afterwards to see #1 how you like what you look like in them and #2 so the make-up artist will remember what you look like with your make-up on so she can recreate the look that you want.





Best of luck!
I did mine myself and I thought it looked very nice and natural looking. If you have the money in your budget to have it done professionally, I would go that route so that it's one less thing for you to worry about. But don't worry if you don't, I thought mine came out just fine. You could also have some of the girls in your wedding party help you, if they are better at applying make up. Just also have a trial run with that. Good luck and I'm sure you'll look great!!!
This would be the one day to splurge, if you can, and get it professionally done. You want your make up to last all day, look good all day, and hold up well in photos and videos.
I did my own. I am not a make up wearing chick though. I might wear it twice a year... and until my wedding day, my husband had never seen me in make up. I did the trial run thing and I just didn't like the way it was done. I went the least amount of makeup as possible. I look completely natural in our pictures... which was exactly what I was going for... but to each their own.
I got my makeup done professionally and am very glad I did. I'll be looking at the pictures for the rest of my life, and it was well worth the $40 or so it cost.
my dear friend,





i feel that checking out the links below will help u to do ur bit apart from some professional help.





http://www.makeup101.net/selectmakeup.ht鈥?/a>


http://www.makeup101.net/removemakeup.ht鈥?/a>
I don't let anyone touch my face! Personally, I think a lot of ';professionals'; go overboard and people look fake or have a ton of plastered-on makeup that looks terrible after a few hours. I did my own, just used colors that I don't use for ';every-day'; and in fact I did a few of my bridesmaids and they looked beautiful. One girl had hers done, it just wasn't ';her'; and after a few hours you could see all the foundation cracking...it looked gross. If you are the type of person who doesn't have a lot of imperfections to cover up, then do it yourself. And if not, is it really worth it to spend up to $100 just to have your makeup done? What a ripoff.
I had mine professionally done and I am so glad I did. It was very very relaxing, and she did a much better job than i would have did.
If you have the money, get it done professionally. I have seen many brides do their own makeup and be absolutely beautiful. But if you suspect you will be the least bit nervous that day, it is nice to have a professional around. Just one less thing to worry about on the big day.
I'd have a professional do it because they tend to be better at applying make-up and hiding imperfections like pimples. My cousin got a professionl from Sephora for her wedding. She did a free trial before hand and then the day of she told the make-up artist what she wanted, and she looked perfect for her wedding :)
I did mine myself, except for my blush. I had my sister do that for me.
I think I'm going to have someone else do it. I don't wear makeup on a regular basis and would hate to see what I came up with on my own.
get it professionally done not only do u get good results usually they give you tips for keeping the make up looking fresh all day long
I'm having my hair stylist do it. I've been going to her for all my beauty stuff for about 10 years. I'm just gonna let her know I want light feeling makeup cuz I dont like all the creams and liquid foundations. Sometimes a professional will go overboard with the makeup so the pictures turn out good, but when I have on light makeup my skin looks more like alabaster anyway instead of a tan look and it looks more natural. Congrats.
I am going to go to the mall and have one of the salespeople do their ';makeovers'; for free. Then I will buy some of the stuff they used like eyeshadow, lipsticks, etc. and practice doing it myself a few times about a month or two before the wedding. They want to sell you stuff so will show you how to apply it. I think going to one of the mid-range counters like clinique is going to cost like 60.





If I can't get to where I can do it myself to how I want it (I'll use the digital camera to take test shots) then I still have time to hire a professional. I will probably end up going professional because I have scars from when I was sick that need to be covered because I don't want them in pictures.
I personally would get it done professionally. I never wear make-up and am really bad at putting it on so I don't look like a clown! Haha. If I was really good at it I might do my own... But, it's nice to not have to worry about it on your wedding day and having someone else do it would be so much easier!
Personally, I think you should just do it yourself. I know I'm going to have enough to do with getting my nails and hair done, I wouldn't want to travel somewhere else for the makeup. There are tips online on what is best for wedding day makeup for example you would not want to wear shiny eyeshadow because it doesn't work well for pictures. You already know your face well and what works well for you, so just apply it yourself, and if you have any doubts, you always have your bridesmaids to help! Congratulations!
You should definitely get a professional. It's one less thing you have to worry about on your soon-to-be frantically busy day, plus a really good makeup artist will make sure you can look natural yet good in pictures. I've seen brides (and bridesmaids) who do makeup themselves and put it on like every day makeup, but when the professional wedding pictures come out, they look pale and washed out. You want makeup that makes you look good in pictures too. Just make sure you use someone who specializes in bridal makeup (not just any regular makeup artist) and get a trial done.
I'm having mine done and will go to a trial run before hand. I personally don't wear a lot of makeup and don't have a talent for it, so that's what made my decision. I had a friend that went for a trial run and learned how to do it and then did it herself the day of.
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin