Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wedding day Make-up?

How much should I expect to pay someone to come to the wedding venue to do my makeup? I got a quote of $45. Is that reasonable? Oh and a quote of $30 for the trial run..which is a must. Is anyone getting there makeup done?Wedding day Make-up?
That is very reasonable, And ask if that includes her doing a touch up after the wedding before the reception. Chances are you`ll cry and get hot and you`ll need touch ups. Which if it does Book her NOW. Chances are if you spend the extra money and actually invite her to the wedding reception for dinner she`ll do a touch up there.Wedding day Make-up?
$45 is reasonable for a professional make-up artist, but are you sure you don't have a friend or family member who is good at make-up, who can get you ready for free? Everyone knows at least one person who can do make-up really well.





Also, I was wondering why you'd want to look so much more different on your wedding day if all you usually wear is cover-up and mascara. Someone who only wears the bare minimum of make-up every day must surely be quite pretty to not need that much help. Maybe you could just add a little lipstick to your usual routine for your big day, so you'll still show up nicely in pictures, but when your fiance sees you walk down the aisle, he'll really be seeing YOU instead of some made-up lady he doesn't recognize.
I had mine done and I've had it done for several events since our wedding. If it's a formal event I personally think that qualifies for getting hair and make up done professionally.





Yes, it does sound very reasonable. Also ask if they sell the products that they will be using. You may want to buy the lip gloss/lip stick and powder for touch ups during the day. I was married in August in the peak of the humidity and my make up looked wonderful and photographed beautifully.





I suggest having your make up done as a trial for the engagement photos. That way you can see how it shows up on film and you can make any adjustments prior to the big day.





Good luck.
that doesnt sound bad at all.





what i'm doing is i'm going to go to a MAC store a few weeks in advance (maybe 2 months or so) and get a make-up application there with the products i already own (i have a lot, but actually hardly wear make-up myself), so this way its only $20 for the application, and then i can see how they apply the products and then i have a few weeks to teach myself to do it and get it exactly how i want it, so i can do it myself for the wedding and be able to do touch-ups if i need them ( i know i'm going to cry!)
That is about average for what i have looked at for getting make-up done (at your venue/home before you leave). BUT all the places I have looked say that you pay $30 for the consult, but if you book with them after the consult you get a discount to make up for that (I mean really you are paying $30 to see if you want to book the person - that's a lot in my opinion). They place I've been looking said they would do the consult for free if my brides maids also got their make-up done.
You know what i did.... I made an appointment with the make up counters at Marshall fields (Now Macy's) and did my trial there.. It's free.. Then the women mentioned she will come out to my hotel room the day of the wedding to redo what she just did and only for $45. She did a great job.





Luckily, I'm pretty good with makeup and was able to do what do she on my own on my wedding day. I also did my bridesmaids and moms.





But it was free. (I did purchases some cover-up and blush for a total of 35$ but I used that for everyday wear.





Good luck!
That sounds quite reasonable to me.





Having your makeup done by a pro can help make it last longer than when you do it yourself and look good in pictures. If you don't usually wear much make-up, tell them you want to look natural. You don't want people to wonder who the lady in the white dress is on your wedding day!
My sister bought some Mary Kay from a lady and she loved it! The lady said that she could come and do her make up and if she liked it she could buy some make up form her (I guess the make up test is free). SO I guess get a consultant and ask.
That's VERY cheap. In my area the average price is $150 - $300. I just went to MAC and got my makeup done. It's free, but you have to buy at least $50 in product, which isn't so hard.
That sounds like a good price, I am paying $35 to have it done at the salon so $45 to come to you is very fair.
Thats a GREAT price.... I am paying $150 which includes the day of and for the trial.
I was figuring that I would have to spend $50 to $75 for that service so I'd jump at $45!
$45 is a great price. That's what I'm paying, although I'm getting it done at the salon.
k..so either pay 45 bucks for nothing or do it yourself..and save money..or save more money and dont wear any at all..make up is stupid anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin